Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Thursday 14 September 2017

Hangin' Out in Manitoba

Long time, no see.
I haven't stopped creating.  In fact I've been working more than ever, and as such have not given my blog much attention.  I'm writing you from Manitoba and thought I should take the time to let you know what I've been up to!

Sunset at Heidi Hunter 's 'Runs With Scissors Studio'

First of all, you can see most of my work on Instagram because it's so quick to post photo to the world.  I'm Monika_Kinner there.  Everything tends to be duplicated at my Facebook art page:  'My Sweet Prairie Studio' so if you aren't on IG, don't worry about it.

If you are also not on Facebook, there's always my emailed newsletter so you won't miss a thing.  You can sign up at the bottom of any page at my website.  www.MySweetPrairie.ca

First off, I attended a big art event out here at Proutopia / Winnipeg Beach.  It was fantastic.  I sold all my little stuff and all my biggest work.  We did up the whole property in fibre.  It was so fun.  There was live music / French accordion player, a food truck, and perfect weather.


The following weekend in the same setting, I ran my 2 day Sketch to Stitch workshop.  Oh those women were FANTASTIC.


Today, I'm packing up my displays and more new art pieces for the Manitoba Fibre Festival in Winnipeg.  This will be my second year here.  It's the last big thing I do before I head home after THREE WEEKS away.  First I teach (sold out) and then I am a vendor along with 60 others including SK's Rita St Amant and Cindy Hoppe.  Next year I will stay home and focus all my energy on the Saskatchewan Fibre Festival that runs in July out at Humbolt.  This one here runs 5-9pm on Fri Sept 15, and 10 to 4 pm Sat Sept 16.  If you are around, you won't want to miss it!  It's at the Red River Exhibition Park once again.



At the Manitoba Fibre Festival, I'll have a handful of my Prairie Threadpaintings including some 'Kitchen Window' frost scenes, as well as twenty or so yarn embroideries in several sizes.  I also have a piece in the juried art exhibit there.  Please say hi if you drop in!

For those of you in the Regina area, ART NOW! is on...  it's a beg one where you can find a variety of galleries from all over Saskatchewan representing the artists they endorse.  All the work is for sale and there are some terrific high end pieces available if you are in the market.  I have these three pieces available there represented by the Saskatchewan Craft Council.

click to view larger

That's all for now folks! : )  I'm going to spend this blustery day doing some baking for the weekend and my Sunday road trip home.  I hope your summer was lovely, and I'll catch up with you later! : )

xo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *